Adam Bien's Weblog
4th Airhacks Q&A Live: The Questions
- Are vanilla Java EE applications actually viable? How popular are Java EE applications without any external dependencies? @reza_rahman + Twitter Conversation
- (...) what about exposing DB objects via REST directly? @tsaltsol
- (...) I have 7 JEE 6 applications that communicate with each other via EJBs, JAX-WS and JAX-RS. I have couple of applications that are plain command line or Swing based applications. A lot of classes that are shared between JEE and non-JEE applications, so a lot of those classes are in "util" Maven module that is shared between applications. Is this OK or do you have a better solution? Gregor K.
- what is the best way to implement my own data source for database connections. We have some special requirements how data source should behave. What I have done now is that I create a custom JNDI resource in Glassfish that uses my own ObjectFactory to create classes. In this ObjectFactory I have a static final Map that holds custom data sources. Is there a better solution how to do this? Gregor K.
- (...)I've got a web application deployed as a WAR. I'm using hibernate. My SQL DDL populates the database upon web application startup via persistence.xml e.g.
<property name="javax.persistence.sql-load-script-source" value="01_bootstrap.sql"/>
- Adam, about the BCE pattern, on the boundary layer, is it necessary has 2 SLSB i.e. (Registrations and RegistrationsResources) ? The *Resources is the protocol adapter, but it is necessary to be an ejb ? Inside the app I want use the only the Registrations ejb. The *Resource should be just a REST entry point, or not? Mauricio
- (...)given the uncertain future of Glassfish, which Application Server(s) would you recommend today for a production environment when CDI/JPA/JTA... are required but EJBs are not needed? Jürgen
- (...)do you recommend overriding/using the "equals" method given that it doesn't work when comparing (WELD-) Proxies to "real" objects? Jürgen
- JSF2.2 is still in early days to support HTML5 & the only option i see is using passthrough feature. Ideas/thoughts? #airhacks 3/3 @mnsbutt
- We want to follow the bootstrap-style best practices but do not want to loose JSF's server-side-ness. #airhacks 2/3 @mnsbutt
- What is the recommended practice to ensure Responsive Web Design (RWD) with JSF? #airhacks 1/3@mnsbutt
- (...) what do you think about Java EE's JASPIC? Why do you never use it in your examples? @john_waterwood
- Is there a good way to debug concurrency-locks? Which method is locking an object, how long has it been locked etc.? @Kfroelund
- Please may you provide an example of connection JavaFX client to JavaEE Back-end with Restful web service. A.Elmuniem
- what is the best way to handle large files (20mb+ at least) in a modern JEE7 webapp? These files are going to be regularly downloaded/uploaded by a few hundred users and the tendency is that these files get larger and larger if the users start uploading video files and such (maybe reaching a 1/2GB in the worst case scenario). João N.
- Why maven lifecycle hooks are problematic? Michael T.
The questions above are going to be answered during the next "Airhacks Q & A" http://airhacks.io live. You can subscribe to the channel and / or for the next event: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/adambien (both is optional, no registration required to watch this event live).
If you miss a question, write a comment on this post, tweet your question with the hashtag "#airhacks" or mention me https://twitter.com/AdamBien.
The best of all: you can ask the questions live, during the show using the chat: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/adambien, twitter (hashtag "#airhacks") or (the best option): using channel ##airhacks on http://freenode.net.See you at Java EE Workshops at MUC Airport or on demand and in a location very near you: airhacks.io!
NEW workshop: Microservices with Java EE 7 and Java 8, January 26th, 2015, Airport Munich Tweet Follow @AdamBien