afterburner.fx was rewritten internally to use Java 8.
- Afterburner 1.5.1 uses Java 8 and will not run on Java 7 any more.
- Properties are no more limited to files and System.getProperties. You can provide your own function to provide you own configuration.
- Injector (prior name InjectionProvider) can use an external InstanceSupplier function which is going to be used to fetch models and services. You can "inject" you own instances and bypass the conventional mechanism
- Internal cache uses weak references. This prevents "memory leaks" -> no more referenced models and services are going to be GCed automatically.
- ...a third class (Configurator) was introduced :-(
Web Apps, SPA, PWA with vanilla Java Script (ES 6+), CSS 3 and WebStandards only. As simple as possible, but not simpler. See you at: (Progressive) Web apps, Single Page Apps and WebStandards airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.