- "Good Managers Are Able To Manage Everything" attitude will be still taken seriously in the IT.
- Companies will still try (but fail) to save money on developer's hardware (RAM, CPU, storage space).
- There will be still attempts to build complex business software cheaply with outsourcing.
- Waterfall decorated with agile vocabulary is going to be the development process of the year.
- Non-coding architects will still aim to simplify developer's live by sharing their wisdom on slides.
- We will get even more languages running on the JVM, what will significantly increase the productivity :-).
- Empty layers and extensive, not tested, mappers are still going to be the most popular "pattern".
- Software metrics and plain numbers will outweigh common sense.
- Small and productive corporate developer teams are going to be further reduced in favor of external consultants--for cost reduction.
- ...and small, reasonable, focussed and motivated teams and companies will be order of magnitude more productive and cost effective, than any other dogma-driven competition.
NEW: Effective Java EE 7 -- Available For Streaming