The first week with Netbeans 6.5m1 worked really smoothly for me:
- The whole 6.1 configuration (databases, servers, project groups) was recognized and reused.
- Deployment of Java EE 5 to Glassfish v2 works well.
- Visual JSF Editor works as expected.
- The performance is comparable with 6.1 if not better - its hard to say.
- The new search (ctrg-i) is promising. It searches in types and in actions. The performance and usability should be improved, but then it will be really useful.
- Groovy is seamlessly integrated - I just did some basics examples - it worked so far.
- The usability (creation wizard of a new connection) of JDBC integration was improved - this is nice.
- PHP is integrated - no idea whether it is a feature or a shortcoming :-). Didn't tried it...
- Properties can be set for every (Java) project seperately.
- I used Netbeans 6.5m1 for 3 days without restarting the IDE and rebooting the OS. I have Vista - so you always have to plan the reboting procedure carefully. It is a significant investment :-). The memory consumption of Netbeans (not Vista :-)), was o.k (no significant increase).
Cloudy Jakarta EE and MicroProfile: Microservices, Clouds and Beyond Jakarta EE / MicroProfile airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.