Adam Bien's Weblog
How To Burn Money With Confidence
- Don't invest in corporate / internal developers.
- Domain knowledge does not matter, anyone can understand the business logic in minutes.
- Outsource everything. Developers are replaceable. External companies are always cheaper than internal IT.
- Invest in specifications, not code. A good specification can be implemented by anyone.
- Try to save as much money as only possible with hardware. Developers behave like prima donnas, but they could just perfectly fine work with 512RAM and 486CPU if they only wanted.
- Completely ignore feedback from "internal" developers. External consultants have more experience in any possible direction, why not to just ask them?
- Hire external analysts to decouple the domain expert from the developer.
- Introduce rigorous metrics for code and documentation coverage. Measure project' quality by metrics exclusively.
- Introduce team events without asking. Every team event leads to significant productivity gain.
- Sign-off everything. If something goes wrong, you will need the signatures.
- Strongly believe in software development methodology. Common sense does not matter, software development is different.
See you at Java EE Workshops at MUC Airport :-)!
NEW workshop: Build a Java EE 7 / Java 8 Application from Scratch, May 11th, 2015, Airport Munich