I was just curious and installed netbeans 6m6 from the archived distribution. At the first glance - these things were significantly improved:
- The editor is really good. The missed funktionality is already there: now field-names, for-each statements etc. will be suggested by the editor. The context dependent suggestion works with the ctrl+space combination. Also interesting are the ctrl+shift+space keys -> now only the smart-items are displayed.
- Projects can be organized now in project's group. This is really important -> I had over 30 projects in my workspace.
- I also like the full screen mode (shift+alt+enter)
- The integration with Glassfish v2 works now.
- Netbeans 6 comes already with Subversion integration.
- With JDK 1.6 matisse generates the GroupLayout from the JDK 1.6 (this should be also true for netbeans 5.5)
- I'm only waiting for the availability of the UML-module...
The m6 throws from time to time exceptions (which can be submitted) - but it does not crash. In fact I'm using now netbeans since 3 days on my laptop without rebooting my machine or restarting netbeans.
NEW: Online Workhop Effective WebApps without Frameworks is also coming to: MUC Airport.