I really enjoyed the session at Lehmann's (cool book store with impressive amount of not only Java books). It was organized by JUG in Hamburg. We had interesting, late night, discussions - and finally some consensus:
- DAO is not completely dead - only in the majority of all cases :-).
- EJB 3.1 are lighter than expected
- Wicket is cool and JSF just works - especially with EJB 3.1.
- OSGI inside the applicationserver could solve some interesting problems in HA and highly dynamic environments.
- Layering is not always good.
- WAR deployment of no-interface beans is interesting for small web apps with databinding...
- Async methods are interesting - especially in case they can be monitored and managed by the appserver.
- Singletons are interesting for pre-initialization etc.
- ...and other stuff - it was finally to late.
Web Apps, SPA, PWA with vanilla Java Script (ES 6+), CSS 3 and WebStandards only. As simple as possible, but not simpler. See you at: (Progressive) Web apps, Single Page Apps and WebStandards airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.