- Java FX runs on iPad, a linux based device :-) and Windows tablets - as a prototype
- Java FX is going to be completely open source overtime (I think the engineers need some time to clean-up the code :-))
- Apache TomEE is Java EE 6 WebProfile certified - now we have seven Java EE 6 certified servers
- WebSphere CE is Java EE 6 WebProfile certified as well (and freely downloadable)
- Twitter joins openJDK and JCP it uses Java, Scala and Clojure.
- Announcement of Project Avatar - the event driven "synergy" of Java EE, SE and ME. Also: Java is able to manipulate HTML DOM
- JDK 1.7 Developer Preview is available for Mac OS X
- Java ME + SE will merge over time
- ESPN moved from "proprietary" application container to Java EE 6 and Glassfish. The motivation: simplicity and scalability
- Oracle stated: "NetBeans is a true success story and we will continue to invest in it". I would say: it is also a truly productive story :-)
- Because JavaFX's small footprint it is going to be used as base for embedded devices as well
NEW workshop: Building HTML 5 Applications Without Frameworks, Full week in December 2016: from Java EE 7 Bootstrap, Effective, Architectures over Testing to Microservices
On demand workshops: Java EE 7: Bootstrap, Effective, Testing and Microservices available for streaming.