I just downloaded the zip Netbeans 6.0b1 distribution and installed it on Java 6 / Vista. First impressions:
- The L&F is nice and clear. It integrates seamlessly with vista (transparency etc.).
- The multiple monitor support works. I dragged a single editor to another screen - useful feature.
- Full screen (alt + shift + enter) support works on both monitors.
- Import from Netbeans 5.5 works. I imported the whole 5.5.1 workspace (several Java EE 5 projects) without problems.
- Startup time (18 seconds with 40 Java EE projects on my 2.4 Ghz Core Duo) and editor performance/responsiveness were improved significantly compared to daily builds from last week.
- SVN works out of the box. I checked the marker annotation pattern to p4j5 with Netbeans 6b1.
Web Apps, SPA, PWA with vanilla Java Script (ES 6+), CSS 3 and WebStandards only. As simple as possible, but not simpler. See you at: (Progressive) Web apps, Single Page Apps and WebStandards airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.