- The installation is smooth and quick. In few clicks you get installed Netbeans 6.8m1 with Glassfish v2 and v3
- Glassfish v3 startup with EJB 3 container and Java DB takes about 5 seconds.
- Java EE 6 is supported natively - Singleton, Stateful, Stateless Beans directly from the wizard.
- web.xml is optional. You can deploy Servlets 3.0 with annotations only.
- No-interface Session Beans are recognized correctly. You can inject Session Beans into a Servlet - even with the Alt+Insert / Ctrl+I combination
- A new WAR-deployment of a Servlet with injected no-interface view Session Bean took 3.5 seconds.
- JavaServerFaces 2.0 with facelets are supported - without visual editor, but with visual flow editor.
- Hybrid EJB 3 / RESTful-resources were correctly recognized and deployed.
- Redeployment of a Session bean takes: 535ms:
INFO: Portable JNDI names for EJB StatelessFacadeBean : [java:global/Test/StatelessFacadeBean, java:global/Test/StatelessFacadeBean!com.abien.facade.StatelessFacadeBean] INFO: Loading application Test at /Test INFO: Deployment of Test done is 535 ms
I'm impressed - going to switch my current Java EE project from 6.7.1 to 6.8m1. If you need some projects to play with go to: http://kenai.com/projects/javaee-patterns/
NEW workshop: Building HTML 5 Applications With Angular 2
Full week in December 2016: from Java EE 7 Bootstrap, Effective, Architectures over Testing to Microservices
On demand workshops: Java EE 7: Bootstrap, Effective, Testing and Microservices available for streaming.