I just opened some examples from the JavaEE 5 Architekturen book in Netbeans M9 - it works no surprises.
Netbeans comes with really interesting extensions to Matisse - the Netbeans UI builder. Especially interesting are:
- The good integration of BeansBinding (JSR-295). The opportunity to bind a JavaBean (e.g. a JPA domain object) to the UI
- Integration with JSR-296 (Swing Dev Appframework). It simplifies the creation of small and midrange applications. Especially asynchronous, declarative Actions are cool
- Interesting Matisse enhancements. Especially the factoring-out of UI components into panel is usable. Also the positioning of UI-widgets was really improved.
- Better JNLP (WebStart) integration
- Better support for JPA in unmanaged environments
- Very good JRuby and Rails support. The editor knows Ruby syntax (and highlights it) and is able to auto-complete methods etc, as well as is able to display the Ruby-Doc
On my slides for the Session TS-3559 (Fiday, 13.30) I already mentioned these features - and hoped they will be officially released at the JavaONE :-).
NEW: Online Workhop Effective WebApps without Frameworks is also coming to: MUC Airport.