From presentation to backend:
- @Model: (=@RequestScoped + @Named) directly exposes the backing bean into JSF 2 (or JSP)
- @Stateless: declares a POJO as Stateless Session Bean. You will need at least one boundary to manage transactions conveniently.
- @Inject: injects application "components" ("POJOs", Managed Beans, EJBs)
- @PersistenceContext: injects the EntityManager
- @Entity (and @Id to denote a PK): make a class persistent
The annotations above are sufficient to start with Java EE 6 and implement a CRUD webapplication with JSR 2, EJB 3.1, CDI, JPA 2.
Java EE 7 Workshops: Bootstrap, Effective, Architectures, June, 13th-15th, Munich's Airport
On demand workshops: Java EE 7 Bootstrap, Effective Java EE 7, Java EE 7 Testing and NEW: Java EE 7 Microservices are available for streaming