java.net seems to be a little bit underestimated. It is actually great platform for opensource projects - and very easy to set-up. You get a SVN or CVS access with mailing lists, project homepage etc. the full infrastructure. However there are already some really interesting java.net projects out there:
- http://beansbinding.dev.java.net: the JSR-295, databinding framework which will be probably used in JDK 1.7. You can already test it in netbeans.org
- http://nimbus.dev.java.net: the starting resource to the new l&f. It is already available in JDK 1.6u10
- http://substance.dev.java.net: an alternative look and feel for Swing. Great as well!
- http://hudson.dev.java.net: the ultimate and really easy to setup (actually nothing to do) continuus integration tool. You have really check it out
- http://opends.dev.java.net: a scalable and easy to use and install (even via webstart!) directory service - it works well with glassfish
- http://wonderland.dev.java.net: this one is awesome. It is easy to install and setup - second life like - virtual reality application. I use it to demostrate Java's visual capabilities
- http://openmq.dev.java.net: a scalable, clusterable JMS provider. Can be used standalone or in glassfish. Really active community. There was even a BOF at the JavaONE.
- http://openjdk.dev.java.net: this is the home of the next generation JDK. It is already used in some linux distros.
- http://glassfish.dev.java.net: the "killer" Java EE 5 server. Even embeddable!
- http://jsr-310.dev.java.net: this is the future of java.util.Date and java.util.GregorianCalendar (R.I.P to both :-))
- http://openjfx.dev.java.net: the Java FX resource with demos, source and doc.
- http://shoal.dev.java.net: easy to use and install clustering and broadcasting solution (uses JXTA or JGroups as SPI). Is used inside glassfish
- http://visualvm.dev.java.net: the "killer" monitoring, profiling console. Allows you local and remote monitoring of JVM processes
NEW: Online Workhop Effective WebApps without Frameworks is also coming to: MUC Airport.