W-JAX is over (for me). It was crowded, well organized and inspiring. I gave some sessions:
- 75 Minutes with Java EE 6 - we developed a Soft Drink Ordering System (SDO for short :-)). It was the idea of one of the attendees. I used NetBeans 6.9.1 + Glassfish v3.0.1 with no extensions and explained with code CDI, EJB 3.1, JPA, Bean Validation, JSF 2, REST. It was condensed form of yesterdays workshop
- Why They Are Laughing About Us? - some Enterprise Java approaches through the eyes of Groovy, Scala, PHP, Cobol and PL/1 developers
- Killing J2EE Patterns - I criticized my 10 years old J2EE code, and explained the difference to Java EE 6 (by mentally deleting it :-))
- Xtreme Scaling - in this session I discussed the desire of scalability and its consequences.
- Java EE 6 Panel (late night show). It was an interesting Q&A session - still well attended.
Online workshop: Java EE 7 Bootstrap