Java FX wasn't that great news. Netbeans 6.0 plugin was already available for ages (at least months) - so you could play with it. However there were some interesting strategic movements announced at the JavaONE 2008:
- Java FX will come with a video and audio codecs from on2 - the demo was really impressive. This makes Java interesting for video / audio streaming
- Appets can be dragged outside the browser and installed as WebStart - this is really great idea and very useful
- Java FX will come with some instrumentation which will allow the monitoring of user behavior in all layers (I'm already curious, how it is will be implemented :-)) - something like "Business JMX"
- The integration with Scenegraph and JWebPane (Swing compatible WebKit implementation) is really exciting and opens new opportunities...
- JDK 16.u10 was already available - however it could complement the package
Web Apps, SPA, PWA with vanilla Java Script (ES 6+), CSS 3 and WebStandards only. As simple as possible, but not simpler. See you at: (Progressive) Web apps, Single Page Apps and WebStandards airhacks workshops at MUC airport, Winter Edition
airhacks.fm the podcast:
Stay in touch: airhacks.news.