Netbeans 6.0b1 on Vista - first smoke test
I just downloaded the zip Netbeans 6.0b1 distribution and installed it on Java 6 / Vista. First impressions:
- The L&F is nice and clear. It integrates seamlessly with vista (transparency etc.).
- The multiple monitor support works. I dragged a single editor to another screen - useful feature.
- Full screen (alt + shift + enter) support works on both monitors.
- Import from Netbeans 5.5 works. I imported the whole 5.5.1 workspace (several Java EE 5 projects) without problems.
- Startup time (18 seconds with 40 Java EE projects on my 2.4 Ghz Core Duo) and editor performance/responsiveness were improved significantly compared to daily builds from last week.
- SVN works out of the box. I checked the marker annotation pattern to p4j5 with Netbeans 6b1.
It works nice on Vista x64 too, and pretty fast on my new and shiny Core 2 Duo CPU with 8 gigs of RAM. :)
Posted by Vladimir Sizikov on September 18, 2007 at 03:10 PM CEST #
8 gigs RAM? You have a mac :-),
Posted by Adam Bien on September 18, 2007 at 03:32 PM CEST #
8 gigs RAM?
or a Dell (eg Precision 690)
Posted by Adrian M on September 18, 2007 at 04:41 PM CEST #
Funny, guys... :)
Posted by Vladimir Sizikov on September 19, 2007 at 12:16 PM CEST #