NetBeans 7 Git Plugin--Small Update, Huge Impact
The Git plugin version: 0.2.12.42.1 is automatically updated by NetBeans 7.0.1 update mechanism and available after IDE restart.
Now the NetBeans Git Plugin supports all the major operations, including:
- Clone (with different protocols: git, ssh, rsync, http+s, ftp), Fetch, Checkout and Push
- Branch management: create, checkout + merge
- Hard, Soft resets
- History browsing
- Show changes
- Capable repository browser
- Show Annotations - NetBeans shows the hash (treeish) for each line of code in the editor
- Automatic creation of patch files ("Export uncommitted changes")
The only lacking thing is support for tagging. I didn't found any menu / context menu entries for tagging (git tag -a …). You can even use NetBeans as a plain Git client without the requirement for creating any projects. With the Favorites view (Ctrl+3 / Cmd +3) you can manage any Git folders directly in the filesystem.
So you can use NetBeans 7 also as a Plain, Old, Standalone Git client (POSGI :-))…
Any chance of supporting git svn commands?
(Just rebase and dcommit would make me very happy)
Posted by Julio on August 17, 2011 at 08:59 PM CEST #
Please consider the possibility of adding stash support. It's very valuable for maintainers.
Posted by Rivas on August 23, 2011 at 02:07 PM CEST #