Adam Bien's Weblog
First Impression And Smoke Test Of Java EE 6 Tomcat 7 Based Server SIwpas
"Simple Web Profile Application Server (SIwpas) aim is not to implement a new "Java EE" application server from the scratch. SIwpas aim is to integrate Apache Software Foundation(ASF) JavaTM Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 (Java EE 6) Web Profile Specification related projects into the Apache Tomcat 7 for producing a Java EE 6 Web Profile compatible server."
Sounds interesting, but does it work?: The test:
- Download size (SIwpas-1.0.0-CR4.zip): 23.7 MB
- Disc size: 31.1 MB
- Installation: Unzip and chmod a+x *.sh in SIwpas-1.0.0-CR4/bin
- Startup: ./startup.sh Is extremely fast (not noticeable). According to log files about 3 secs.
- Full deployment of ServerSmokeTest took about 3 secs
- ServerSmokeTest works without any modification on Glassfish v3, JBoss 6m5 and no SIwpas-1.0.0-CR4.
- Tested were: Stereotypes (encapsulating @Named and @RequestScoped), @RequestScoped, @Named CDI-Beans, Injection of EJB 3.1 (no interface view), into CDI bean, @Singleton,@Stateless, CDI-events, POJO-injection, Interceptors
For more details see: http://code.google.com/p/siwpas/. Commercial 24x7 support seems to be available for SIwpas-1.0.0-CR4 as well. The first impression is very good. The only thing, what I do not like is the name :-).
NEW workshop: Microservices with Java EE 7 and Java 8, January 26th, 2015, Airport Munich