To create a WLS 12.2.1 docker image (Java EE 7) perform the following steps:
- Download current JRE 1.8: server-jre-8u77-linux-x64.tar.gz
- Download WLS 12.2.1 disk image: fmw_126.96.36.199.0_wls_quick_Disk1_1of1.zip
- Clone the official Oracle Docker Image repository with:
git clone https://github.com/oracle/docker-images/tree/master/OracleWebLogic
- Copy the downloaded files into the folder
12.2.1(should correspond with the version specified after the -v flag below)
- Build the image with:
./buildDockerImage.sh -v 12.2.1 -d -s
- Now the WLS is built. To create a sample domain go the the subdirectory:
cd /docker-images/OracleWebLogic/samples/1221-domainand then execute:
docker build -t 1221-domain --build-arg ADMIN_PASSWORD=welcome1 .(as suggested)
- Run the image with
docker run -d -p 8001:8001 --name 1221-domain 1221-domain(as suggested)
The full docker build takes 238 seconds (highly dependent on the machine).Deploy ping with: docklands and wls-ping. Read about Java EE 7 WebLogic 12.2.1 server smoke test for Java EE 7.
NEW: Online Workhop Effective WebApps without Frameworks is also coming to: MUC Airport.