Oracle WebLogic 12c is a, certified, full profile Java EE 6 server:
- Download size of wls1211_dev.zip is 172 MB
- Installation requires you to unzip the archive, run some scripts and set the following JVM options:
-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m(without setting the PermSize, the deployment didn't work)
- Disc size (server): 383 MB after installation
- Disc size (domain): 26 MB after installation
- Startup: execution of
[DOMAIN-FOLDER]/startWebLogic.shis fast (< 7 secs)
- Deployment: copy the ServerSmokeTest.war into [DOMAIN-FOLDER]/standalone/autodeploy/. The application becomes available under: http://localhost:7001/ServerSmokeTest
- Full deployment of ServerSmokeTest took < 5 secs.
- Tested were: Stereotypes (encapsulating @Named and @RequestScoped), @RequestScoped, @Named CDI-Beans, Injection of EJB 3.1 (no interface view), into CDI bean, @Singleton,@Stateless, CDI-events, POJO-injection, Interceptors
- ServerSmokeTest works without any modification on Glassfish v3, JBoss 7.0.2, JBoss 6m5, SIwpas-1.0.0-CR4, resin-4.0.12
The application was deployable without any modifications.
- Installation is a bit more complicated, comparing it to GlassFish, JBoss, TomEE or Siwpas. All Java EE 6 servers so far can be installed just by unzipping the archive. WebLogic requires you to run some scripts after unzipping. However: the installation can be performed in a few minutes.
- The server is lean and fast. Startup and deployment performance is good.
- The admin console http://localhost:7001/console is fast, clean and usable. WebLogic comes with extensive monitoring capabilities.